"Live your questions now, and perhaps even without knowing it, you will live along some distant day into your answers. "
-Rainer Maria Rilke

Monday, March 30, 2009

Seeking Contributions

I hope our dear editor will indulge me here. I am currently hard at work on a number of writing projects including a devotional to Mani and Sunna. I would like to invite you, our dear readers, to consider submitting articles, prayers, poems, or songs to this devotional.

Mani is the Norse God of the Moon and Sunna is our Goddess of the Sun. Yes, you read that rightly: our moon Deity is a God, our sun Deity a Goddess. Until recently, They seem to be little worshipped amongst the Northern Tradition community but that is changing now and Mani especially seems to be developing a small, deeply devoted following.

My own interactions with Mani have left me utterly charmed (if not a little besotted) with this God and so I decided to compile an anthology devotional to Him and His sister as an offering. Actually, it's more like I was pushed to do so after a deeply intense experience with Mani and it's not in me to say no. heh. Story of a god-slave's life, not that i'm complaining.

anyway...I"m looking for prayers and articles especially, but also recipes, rituals, and even songs. Sadly at this time, i cannot accept illustrations, but anything else would be happily welcomed.

Anyone interested in submitting should send submissions to tamyris at earthlink.net. Please put "Mani/Sunna submission" in the subject header so I don't mistake your email for spam.

The deadline for submissions is May 1.

Thank you,
Galina Krasskova

No comments:

Post a Comment