"Live your questions now, and perhaps even without knowing it, you will live along some distant day into your answers. "
-Rainer Maria Rilke

Saturday, March 14, 2009

A Few Questions to Ponder

By Fire Tashlin

I know that I have a tendency to look at my relationship to my Lady and any other gods that I am working with more as a job than as a privilege. I have to make a constant effort to see myself and what I do for Them as a positive effort, rather than divine busy work. One of the ways that I do this is to ask myself a few questions, and if I don't have or don't like the answers, then I try to look as what I am doing again.

When I am having trouble finding meaning in what I am doing I try to puzzle out what the rationale behind jobs that I am given, often a losing proposition. I look for a common thread, or a theme, or even a commonality in clients that are sent to me.

So here are the set of questions that I ask myself, and hopefully they will be of use to others in the same situation.

What does this work do to change my life?

What have the gods brought into my life for the better or worse?

What service am I doing for Them, and does my current attitude detract from that service?

Do I care if my attitude makes my job harder? Do they care?


These questions sometimes help me to put everything that I do in perspective, and narrow down what is bothering me about what I am doing enough to address it or not, as appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment